The property is identified as being a light industrial office, warehouse and yard facility, located along the southwest side of the Pecos Highway, also known as U.S. Highway 285, southeast of Carlsbad, in Eddy County, New Mexico. The physical address:
2773 Pecos Highway, Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220.
The subject site is somewhat rectangular.
Being approximately 21.57 acres .
Approximately 890 linear feet of frontage along the southwest side of U.S. Highway 285.
Electricity, gas, and water
According to FEMA FIRM Panel No. 35015C1325D, dated June 4, 2010, the site appears to be located outside any Special Flood Hazard Areas. However, it is recommended that a current survey, by a registered surveyor be performed to determine exact elevations, flood status and the amount of acreage that might be affected.
Total Gross Building Space: 12,960 Square Feet
Office Space-Includes 3 Buildings: 1,360 square feet (10%):
500 square foot office building - stand alone
450 square feet office building,- stand alone
400 square feet office area under and surrounded by 9,200 canopy
Warehouse Space: 2,400 square feet (19%) Metal Shop
Canopy Space: 9,200 square feet (71%)
Year of Construction: 2017
All four buildings consist of pre-engineered steel frame construction, with insulated metal panel walls and pitched metal roofs. The 9,200 square foot canopy and 400 square foot office are situated upon a concrete slab foundation, while the 2,400 square foot shop is situated upon an asphalt foundation. The two, stand-alone office buildings are modular structures. However, these structures were tied into septic systems and are considered part of the real estate.
Office - The interior of the office areas included six offices, conference room, break room, four bathrooms, reception office area with sales counter, reception area, and multiple storage/ file rooms. The interior finish-out consisted of vinyl flooring or concrete floors, insulated metal walls and ceilings with strip fluorescent lighting.
Warehouse - The shop building reportedly includes an open storage room. The interior IS assumed to be consistent with typical warehouse space.
Canopy - The finish of this area is consistent with typical warehouse space within the market with the exception of its absence of walls, including an insulated ceiling, unfinished concrete flooring and LED lighting.
The buildings entrance/ exit doors consisted of hollow core steel doors in a steel framing, along with a 14' overhead door to the south side of the shop. Interior office doors consisted of hollow core wood doors. The windows consisted of Low-E insulated double pane windows in aluminum frames.
Wall mounted, central heat and air unit for the office areas. The HVAC is assumed to be adequate for the current use.
There are a total of three restrooms with typical fixtures having one in each of the office areas. All plumbing is assumed to be in adequate working condition for the building, and assumed to meet adequate state and national codes.
The site is improved with an asphalt paved parking areas in front of the offices, and a caliche yard covering approximately 640,000 square feet with chainlink perimeter fencing along Highway 285, site lighting and an electric opening main entrance gate. The subject also includes utility hook-ups for 8 RV spaces
The property also consists of three manufactured homes located at the rear boundary of the yard. They are priced at appraisal and are included in this offering at their appraised price:
2430 Hepler Road$ 222,000.00
2414 Hepler Road$ 345,000.00
2502 Hepler Road$ 172,000.00
Each property has access from Yard or primary access on Hepler Road. Ample area available to develop additional housing or “man camp” facility if needed.
Overall, the subject facility is considered to be in average condition as it was originally constructed around 2017 with some of the site improvements having been installed sometime prior. The design of the buildings function well for industrial use. Thus, the improvements are in good condition with an overall estimated effective age of 5 years.
Eddy County is located on the southeastern border of New Mexico, and has a land area of 4,182 square miles. Its namesake is from Charles B. Eddy, who in 1881, came to the area and developed the Eddy-Bissell Cattle Company. Eddy County is a region known for its farming and oil production interests.
The City of Carlsbad is the county seat and is the largest municipality in the county. The community of Carlsbad has been a part of the southeastern New Mexico landscape since 1888, when it was established as the Town of Eddy - a name given in honor of Charles B. Eddy, a prominent force in the founding of the city we know today. With the enhancement of area mineral springs, and their beneficial medicinal uses, the settlement's moniker was ultimately changed to Carlsbad, after the famed European spa, "Karlsbad." Carlsbad was designated as a city in 1918. As of 2015, Carlsbad had an estimated population of 28,795.
Other cities/villages in the county include Artesia and Loving (population 1,342), along with several very small communities. Artesia is situated at the crossroads of U.S. Highway 82 and U.S. Highway 285 and has an elevation of 3,377 feet above sea level. The town’s beginnings were of a railroad town in the middle of the Pecos Valley. Situated between the Sacramento Mountains in the west and the Caprock Range and Llano Estacado in the east, Artesia has become famous for the pure sparking waters that gushed forth in the early 1900's and later petroleum production that made it an oil and gas mecca. The city is 35 miles north of Carlsbad, 41 miles south of Roswell and 175 miles southwest of Lubbock, Texas.
The Village of Loving is located 12 miles southeast of Carlsbad. The village was first settled by a group of 54 Swiss settlers who arrived in November 1891. They named their settlement Vaud (pronounced Voe) for their canton in Switzerland. It became a U.S. Post Office on May 29, 1893. The Swiss invested substantial amount of money on farm acreage within a four-mile radius of Vaud. They lost all their crops in 1893 when the dams of the Pecos Irrigation Company washed out in a devastating flood. With the flood and the Panic of 1893-94 many of the Swiss relocated elsewhere. In 1894, because of the confusion between the name of Vaud and Vaughn, postal authorities convinced residents to change the village’s name, it was changed to Florence. It is believed that the name Florence was in recognition of the 65 settlers who migrated from Italy after the Swiss settlers had left. It is also believed that it was named Florence in honor of Oliver Loving’s daughter. On June 1, 1908, the village’s name changed to Loving, honoring Oliver Loving, a Texas cowman and trail driver. On January 18, 1945 an election was held and the Village of Loving became incorporated.